WhatsApp is one of the most used instant messenger apps in the world. With its easy-to-use and straightforward features, it is always the number one priority of people. WhatsApp is a technical thing. With technology often comes issues. How can you tackle these issues? Don’t worry. There are many ways developed throughout the time to tackle these issues.
Just like that, what if you lost your contacts on WhatsApp? In this article, we will be discussing a problem to restore your lost contacts on WhatsApp. There are a few methods that you can use to restore the contacts.
Recover WhatsApp Contacts
There are many ways by which you can try and restore your contacts on WhatsApp. If one method does not work, there’s always another method that you can use to restore contacts.
Without any delay, let’s begin.
Restoring WhatsApp Contacts through Gmail Address Book
Your smartphone can be configured to sync Google contact information so that you can access your account settings and restore your address book back to a previous date. You need to do the following things.
- Go to the settings of your phone.
- Open the accounts tab.
- Click on the Google account and select Gmail address.
- See if the contacts tab is active or not.
- If it is not synced, do it, and now your address book is synced.
- Now you can select to change the date to where you want to return the address book for up to 30 days.
Restore Contacts through an App
Different apps are developed to tackle such problems that people face. These apps are specifically developed to tackle specific issues. Specific apps are also designed to restore the contacts on WhatsApp.
On the other hand, these apps do not guarantee results as it can get complicated for these apps to find old data. I would recommend using EaseUS MobiSaver app. follow the following steps to restore contacts from this app.
- Open Google play store on your phone.
- In the search bar, search the app’s name.
- Download the app.
- Once the app is downloaded open it.
- Now, press the grant button.
- Press contacts and give permission to access the contacts.
- Wait, and the contacts will appear.
- Open the specific contacts you want to restore. The app will provide information regarding those contacts.
See Also: gbwhatsapp download 2021
Restoring contacts from sim card
As we know that our sim cards also contain the contacts in them. We are always asked to save the contacts on our phone or the sim card. Your sim card can also help you restore contacts.
All you need to do is follow the following steps.
- Open your address book on your phone.
- Click on settings options that can be seen on the top or bottom corners.
- Select the import/export option.
- Now select to import contacts from the sim.
- The list of contacts saved in your sim will appear.
- Select the contacts you want to restore if they are available there.
Note: Only those contacts will appear that you have saved on your sim card.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my WhatsApp contacts back?
You can get your WhatsApp contacts back by a few methods. These methods are by sim, Google contacts, and by an app from the Google play store.
How do I restore my contacts?
Restore your contacts by Google address book, sim card, and app. you can use any method to restore your contacts.
You face different problems while using technology. One of them is to how to restore the contacts on WhatsApp? You can easily do that if you have already backed your contacts.
You can use Google address book to restore the contacts up to 30 days back in time. Download apps from the Google play store that finds data. Last but not least, use your sim card if it contains the deleted contacts in it.